Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Heaven's Aire

My soul lay desolate in the pit of despair

Ravishing for a revelation, for a light to guide the way

Wallowing in my mistakes, alone I waited there

Barely living on my daily bread, shrinking smaller every day


You gave me the courage to move on; you helped to pull me up

I give thee thanks, for my soul is finally complete

For me you gave your life, you drank the bitter cup

You did not shrink, and fulfilled that which was most meet


O, my Savior, give me strength

That I might know the hour

For me you’d go to any length

For that’s your greatest power


O Father, I thank thee much for thy eternal love

That fills these empty halls

For me your Begotten Son spilt his precious blood

And gave eternal life, which is the greatest gift of all

No comments:

Post a Comment